Sous Vide London Broil is the best way to cook the lean but inexpensive top round steak, transforming it into a tender and flavorful meal! Marinated in a balsamic and honey sauce, sous vide cooked to juicy perfection by precisely controlling the temperature, and finished in the skillet for a beautiful brown crust!
- 2 pounds top round steak or flank steak
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 teaspoons mustard optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the steak by combining balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and mustard in a zip-lock bag or mixing bowel. Combine thoroughly.
- Close the bag and coat the meat thoroughly with top round steak. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Sous Vide the steak: In the meantime, fill the sous vide container or a large pot halfway with water and set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 133°F (56°C).
- Take the steak out of the marinade and place it in a fresh zip-lock bag (discard the marinade).
- Seal the bag except for one corner and slowly immerse it in the water bath. Make certain that everything below the zip-line is submerged in water. Then, seal the remainder of the bag.
- Place the bag in the sous vide container and seal it. Make sure the steak is completely submerged while the bag’s seams are above the water.
- Sous vide cook for 6-8 hours, covered with several layers of aluminum foil.
- Sear the steak: Once your steak has finished cooking in the sous vide machine, remove it from the water bath and place it in an ice bath or refrigerator. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- If necessary, season with additional salt and pepper. Using a brush, coat the steak with oil.
- Preheat the cast-iron skillet or grill to medium-high. When the pan is very hot, add the steak and sear for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables, sliced against the grain.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 401kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1014mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 54g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
Keywords: Sous vide london broil recipe, london broil recipe, london broil, sous vide recipe