On the side, I like to serve sous vide sea bass with roasted cherry tomatoes, olives, corn, and capers. With just a few minutes in a hot pan, you’ll have the ideal accompaniment to your perfectly cooked fish.
- 2 4-6 ounce sea bass steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons onions minced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ teaspoon chili flake
- To remove any excess moisture, pat the sea bass with paper towels.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place sea bass steaks in a vacuum bag and top with a tablespoon of butter.
- The fish should be vacuumed and sealed.
- Heat the sous vide water to the temperature you want. I recommend 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes per inch of thickness and immerse the bag in the sous vide water.
- When the fish is done, remove it from the bag and sear it in a screaming hot pan with butter to create the perfect crust on the fish.
- Add the olive oil, anchovy paste, garlic, and onions to a hot pan. Cook until the anchovy paste has dissolved and the vegetables have softened.
- Combine the capers, corn, olives, and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Bring to a boil, then add the chili flake once the tomatoes have burst.
- Serve with the sous vide sea bass.
Set the temperature of a cast iron or heavy bottom pan as high as it will go, almost to the point of smoking.
2 tablespoons of butter will instantly melt and bubble in the pan.
Place the sous vide sea bass on the sizzling butter and leave it alone.
Allow 1-2 minutes for the sea bass to sear. Keep an eye out for the bottom edge of the fish to begin to color.
Remove the fish from the pan with a wide spatula. The fish should easily slip out of the pan.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 1224 kcal
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 1208mg
- Fat: 68g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 114g
- Cholesterol: 307mg
Keywords: Sous vide sea bass, sea bass, sous vide, sous vide sea bass recipe