These Sous Vide Ribeye Steaks are cooked to perfection in a warm water bath and then quickly butter-basted in the skillet for a beautiful and flavorful brown crust. It’s so tender and juicy, and it’s so easy to make at home. It’ll remind you of the ones you’ve had at your favorite steakhouse.
- 2 ribeye steaks 1 ½-inch thick
- kosher salt to taste (I used about 2 teaspoons)
- ground black pepper to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh rosemary optional
- Preheat the sous vide cooker: Fill the sous vide container or a large pot halfway with water, and set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135°F (57°C).
- Season the ribeye steak by rubbing it with 1/2 tablespoon oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sous vide the steak: Place the seasoned ribeye in a zip-top bag, seal all but one corner, and slowly place it in a pot of cold water. Make certain that everything below the zip-line is submerged in water. Then, seal the remainder of the bag.
- Place the bag in the sous vide container’s water bath. Make sure the steak is completely submerged while the bag’s seams are above the water.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and place it in an ice bath or refrigerator when the timer goes off. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Sear the steak: Take the steak out of the zip-top bag and pat it dry with paper towels. (It is critical to completely dry the surface.)
- If necessary, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the remaining oil and butter are very hot, add them. When the butter has melted, add the steak and, if desired, the rosemary. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables, sliced against the grain.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 216kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Keywords: Sous vide ribeye steak, sous vide recipe, ribeye steak recipe, sous vide ribeye, sous vide steak