My favorite steak recipe is Sous Vide New York Strip Steak. To bring out the best flavor of this popular cut, just a few simple ingredients are required. The sous vide method cooks it perfectly from edge to edge, resulting in a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 pounds New York Strip steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- fresh rosemary optional
- Preheat the sous vide machine: Fill the sous vide container or a large pot halfway with water and set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135°F (57°C).
- Season the steak by rubbing it all over with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Sous Vide the steak: Place the strip steak in a zip-lock bag with the rosemary, if using.
- Seal the bag except for one corner and slowly place it in a container filled with cold water. Make certain that everything below the zip-line is submerged in water. Then, seal the remainder of the bag.
- Place the bag in the sous vide container’s water bath. Ascertain that it is completely submerged.
- Cook for 1 hour in a sous vide machine.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and place it in the fridge or an ice bath to sear the steak. Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. If you don’t let it dry completely, it will interfere with the searing.
- If necessary, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the remaining olive oil. When the pan is very hot, add the steak and sear for 1 minute per side.
- Serve immediately by slicing against the grain.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 540kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 699mg
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 181mg
Keywords: Sous vide new york strip steak, sous vide recipe, new york strip steak, sous vide strip steak