Sous Vide Eye of Round is the best way to transform this inexpensive beef cut into the most tender and juicy roast! The tough cut is transformed into a delicious eye of round roast that’s perfectly moist from edge to edge by this 16-hour low and slow sous vide method. Perfect for a low-cost festive holiday meal!
- 3 pound round eye
- 1/12 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon regular salt)
- 12 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Season generously your eye of round roast with the seasoning.
- Preheat the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 136 degrees Fahrenheit (58 degrees Celsius).
- Fill a zip-lock bag halfway with the seasoned roast. Using the water displacement technique, vacuum seal the bag by sealing all but one corner. Slowly lower it into the water bath, making sure that everything below the zip-line is submerged. Then, seal the remainder of the bag.
- Cook for 16 hours in the sous vide warm water bath, covered with aluminum foil. (It’s critical to cover with foil to prevent water evaporation, and you should check the water level halfway through to ensure the meat is completely submerged.)
- Remove the roast from the bag and pat dry with paper towels when the timer goes off.
- Sear for about 2 minutes per side, or until the outside is caramelized. If necessary, season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve by slicing against the grain.
Before searing, make sure to completely dry the pan with paper towels.
You can save the bag’s juice and reduce it to make gravy for the roast.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 439kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 766mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 44g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
Keywords: Sous Vide, Eye of Round, Eye of Round Steak, Eye of Round Beef Recipe