Baby back ribs that fall off the bone are made tender with low and slow heat using the sous vide method and charred on the grill.
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup BBQ Rub
- BBQ Sauce optional
- Place the sous vide machine in a water bath and set the temperature to 1650F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rack of ribs into four equal pieces.
- Brush both sides of the ribs with the yellow mustard and liquid smoke mixture.
- Evenly distribute the BBQ rub over both sides of the ribs.
- Brush the ribs with the mustard-smoke mixture.
- Place the rib section in vacuum bags or heavy-duty freezer bags, and remove as much air as possible from the bags.
- Cook the sealed ribs in the sous vide setup for 9 hours. Try 6 to 7 hours for less tender ribs.
- When the ribs are done cooking, remove them from the water.
- Remove from the bags without rinsing or drying.
- If desired, char the ribs on a two-zone grill or under the broiler.
- Before charring the ribs, brush them with BBQ sauce.
Reduce cooking time for less tender ribs.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 408kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
Keywords: Sous vide recipe, sous vide, sous vide baby back pork ribs, baby back pork ribs recipe