Flap steak (similar to flank or skirt steak) marinated in shallot, garlic, and rosemary before grilling to perfection: it’s a crowd pleaser or for two, and will leave enough for meals for the week. A low-cost cut with a high-cost flavor.
- 2 to 3 pound flap steak
- 2 tsp. Diamond kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- To make the marinade, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, blender, or hand immersion blender.
- Season the steak liberally with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Coat the steak with the marinade on all sides and set aside for at least one hour, but preferably 12 hours, before grilling.
- Get the grill ready for high-heat cooking.
- Wipe away any excess marinade from the meat (if desired), then grill the flap steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 130° F for medium-rare or 140° F for medium.
- Remove from the grill and rest for 10 to 15 minutes on a cutting board before slicing against the grain to serve.
You can use the same marinade if you substitute flank steak or skirt steak.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 439kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
Keywords: Flap steak recipe, grilled flap steak recipe, easy flap steak recipe, flap steak, steak recipe