A delectable marinade that transforms the often tough flank steak into a succulently tender cut of meat.
- 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic medium, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives minced, fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a ziploc bag or a large dish, combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the flank steak and marinate it in the fridge (covered) overnight or at least all day.
- Preheat the gas grill to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook for 2 minutes per side on the grill. Then reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until an internal temperature of 130 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare, or longer for medium, etc. is reached. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board with foil draped over the top.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan over medium heat, heat 1/2 of the remaining marinade.
- Set aside after simmering the marinade for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with more sauce on the side, if desired.
Because flank steak is a lower quality meat, cooking it to well done will make it chewy. When cooked properly, it’s incredibly flavorful and delicious!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 530kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 1912mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 52g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
Keywords: Flank steak recipe, grilled flank steak recipe, flank steak, steak recipe