This pan seared halibut recipe with lemon butter sauce only takes 20 minutes to prepare… which you’d never guess from the way the pan-fried halibut looks. I’ll show you how to pan sear halibut and make the perfect halibut sauce.
- Pat the halibut fillets completely dry with paper towels to ensure even browning. Season the fish with garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper on both sides. Place aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish fillets in a single layer (if all of the fish won’t fit in a single layer, do it in batches). Sear the fish for 3-4 minutes, without moving it, until the edges are opaque. Flip and cook for 2-4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and wrap it in foil to keep it warm.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. In the same pan, melt the butter. Allow it to melt before heating for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is browned and smells nutty.
- TIP: If you like garlic, you can also use this lemon butter sauce recipe.
- Squeeze all of the juice from both halves of the lemon into the pan using the Zulay Kitchen Lemon Squeezer. Bring to a simmer, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the volume is reduced by half. The lemon butter sauce will remain runny.
- Drizzle some lemon butter sauce on top of each serving plate. Place the pan seared halibut fillets over the sauce, then drizzle more sauce on top.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 513kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: Halibut steak, halibut, steak recipe, halibut steak recipe, easy halibut steak recipe