Temperature-related products from Inkbird include temperature, humidity, and PID controllers, data loggers, and wireless thermometers.
Indeed, we’ve been using their THC-4 Temperature and Humidity Data Logger in our Sous Vide Benchmark test for years.
Inkbird’s first foray into the sous vide market is the ISV-100W sous vide immersion circulator.
And, as you might expect, Inkbird has used its expertise to ensure that this circulator controls the temperature in the water bath extremely well.
- Temperature Control Range: 77°F to 210°F (25oC to 99oC)
- Temperature precision: 0.1°C (1°F).
- 360-degree heating with a directional pump
- 802.11n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Input voltage: 230 volts, 50 hertz
- 1000W Heating Power
- Cable length: 1.2m with NZ plug
- Maximum time setting range: 99 hours and 59 minutes
- LCD readability: (W)36mm*(L)42mm, 128*128 Dot Matrix LCD
- 12 month warranty
- Gross Weight: 1518g / Net Weight: 1450g
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THE INKBIRD ISV-100W
As previously stated, the Inkbird temperature accuracy was among the best we’d tested.
There was no overshoot because it reached the target temperature and there was little temperature variation throughout the cook time.
The WiFi connection on the Inkbird ISV-100W immersion circulator connects to its Smart App, which is available for both iPhone and Android.
This enables you to set the time and temperature, as well as monitor progress throughout the cooking process. The unit also includes an integrated control panel with an LCD screen and four buttons.
This control panel can also be used to obtain a limited range of sous vide cooking times and temperatures.
Finally, the Inkbird circulator is a good size for storage, it’s one of the quietest units we’ve tested, and the price is very reasonable for a WiFi-enabled circulator.
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE ABOUT THE INKBIRD ISV-100W
Despite being rated at 1000 W, the Inkbird’s temperature start times place it near the bottom of the competition.
This may or may not be an issue for you depending on how you use your sous vide machine.
The Inkbird’s biggest flaw, and the only reason we hesitate to recommend it, is the incomprehensible control panel on the Inkbird circulator.
Setting the temperature entails repeatedly pressing the “set” button until the temperature finally sticks; otherwise, it will appear to be changed but will continue to heat to the previous temperature.
The “Manual” that comes with the unit is also insufficient and difficult to understand, particularly when it comes to looking up times and temperatures.
It’s also their first foray into the sous vide arena, so we’d like to get some more information on the unit’s dependability.
WHY WE RECOMMEND THE INKBIRD ISV-100W
Aside from the control panel issues, this is a very nice circulator, but the difficulties in adjusting the temperature prevent it from being a Top Pick or Highly Recommended Pick.
We would definitely upgrade this circulator if they released some firmware to fix the unintuitive interface. Buy one now if it sounds like it’s right for you!
INKBIRD ISV-100W SOUS VIDE FEATURES
- Wifi Remote Control – Get the Inkbird Smart App for your iPhone or Android phone to cook from anywhere and stay up to date on the latest cooking status. More importantly, a nice design is that you can share your device with your family or friends on the app without being limited to multiple connections. When the power is turned off, save the preset value and finish the unit’s basic setup procedure.
- Uniform and Fast Heat Circulation—1000 watts allows the water circulation to quickly heat water, making meat tender and moist. Fitting any pot and suitable for vegetables, meat, fruit, cheese, eggs, and so on, you can select recipes from your phone’s APP as well as the device’s LCD screen.
- Simple to use and produces no noise — no additional equipment is required. Place your desired food in a sealed bag or glass jar and place the precision cooker in any pot with water. Simply set the temperature and timer in the wifi range to free yourself and make more nutritious and vitamin-rich food. There is no need to be concerned about noise disruption while cooking because the device remains silent.
- Protection and Temperature Alarm—When the water level falls below the minimum value, this unit will shut down and notify you. It will also notify you when the temperature reaches the target setting value. Stainless steel is simple to clean.
INKBIRD ISV-100W SOUS VIDE PROS AND CONS
- Smart app that is simple to use
- WiFi compatibility
- Exceptionally precise
- As of this review, it is reasonably priced at less than $80.
- Slower to heat water than some of its competitors
- Setting the temperature for the first time can be aggravating because you have to press the’set’ button several times.
- The manual isn’t very comprehensive.
- The clip on the unit cannot be removed.
The Inkbird ISV-100W sous vide machine is a good mid-priced sous vide machine option. However, the Anova Nano and Gramercy Cooker can be had for roughly the same price. We’d take either of those.
However, I don’t believe you’d be dissatisfied with the Inkbird ISV-100W Sous Vide.
Frequently Asked Questions
As previously stated, the Inkbird temperature accuracy was among the best we’d tested. There was no overshoot because it reached the target temperature and there was little temperature variation throughout the cook time. … This control panel can also be used to obtain a limited range of sous vide cooking times and temperatures.
The Inkbird wifi Sous Vide precision cooker allows you to cook like a professional. Set the temperature and timer on the sous vide immersion circulator and drop your desired food in a sealed bag or glass jar. The device only works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi routers.
The Inkbird Smart Controller app allows you to control, schedule, and monitor your temperature from anywhere using your iPhone. You can use the App to: – Set it up on your mobile phone.
There’s no need to spend money on a vacuum sealer when cheaper Ziploc bags and water will suffice. Zipper bags that are food-safe are ideal for sous vide.