Homemade Steak Sauce is tangy, lightly sweetened, and slightly smoky. This sauce is all the best parts of A-1 and Heinz 57 sauce flavors, made at home, and is ideal for steak dipping and burger topping.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plain vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, garlic, water, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and red pepper and bring to a boil.
Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, on a low heat. The sauce will thicken and slightly reduce.
Allow to cool before transferring to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12 servings
- Calories: 52kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 578mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Homemade steak sauce recipe, steak sauce, easy steak sauce recipe, steak sauce recipe