Recipe for homemade beef liver pate that is also low carb, paleo, and keto! Just three simple ingredients and 20 minutes later, you’ll have a super delicious and nutritious spread (or eat it with a spoon!).
- 1/2 lb beef liver
- 1/3 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Sauté the chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes, or until fragrant.
- Wash and pat dry the liver. Chop it and toss it with the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer all of the ingredients to a food processor after they have been cooked.
- Blend until completely smooth. If necessary, add more soft butter or oil.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with crusty bread or crackers.
Blend in more butter or olive oil as needed.
Instead of fresh garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic salt can be used.
This recipe benefits greatly from truffle butter!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 140kcal
- Sodium: 597mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 232mg
Keywords: Beef liver pate recipe, homemade beef liver pate recipe, beef liver pate, beef recipe