- 1 Whole Beef Kidney Cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Scotch Bonnet Pepper Chopped
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 6 Whole Pimento
- 1 Tablespoon Jamaican Browning
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Water as Needed
How to Prepare Beef Kidney
- Place the beef kidney flat on a cutting board and separate the meat from the inner white piece with the tip of a knife.
- Once all of the flesh has been removed, cut it into 12 inch pieces.
How to Clean a Beef Kidney
- In a bowl, combine the cut beef kidney, cool water, and a splash of white vinegar.
- Move the kidney around with a spoon or your hand, then set it aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain after rinsing with cool water.
Seasoning Beef Kidney
- After the beef kidney has been cut and cleaned, combine it with the all-purpose seasoning, Jamaican browning, and all of the herbs and vegetables.
- Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands or a spoon. Allow the meat to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.
Beef Kidney Seasoning
- After you’ve cut and cleaned the beef kidney, combine it with the all-purpose seasoning, Jamaican browning, and all of the herbs and vegetables.
- With your hands or a spoon, combine all of the ingredients. Allow at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight, for the meat to marinate.
- How to Cook Seasoned Beef Kidney
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- After adding the seasoned beef kidney, cook for 8 minutes. Between stirrings
- When all of the liquid has been absorbed after 8 minutes, begin adding 2 cups of water and cover. Cook for 20 minutes more before adding 2 cups of water.
- Cook, covered, for 20 minutes, then uncover for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Serve with boiled green bananas and jasmine rice.
Some people like to thicken the sauce with ketchup.
Feel free to add some ketchup to your beef kidney stew.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 439kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
Keywords: Beef kidney recipe, grilled beef kidney recipe, beef recipe