A quick and easy Korean BBQ beef recipe with the most flavorful marinade! The thin slices of meat cook quickly and are extremely tender!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless rib eye steak
- 1/2 small pear, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Place the steak in the freezer for 30 minutes, wrapped in plastic wrap. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices across the grain.
Combine the pear, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and gochujang in a medium mixing bowl. Combine the soy sauce mixture and steak in a gallon Ziploc bag; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
In a cast iron grill pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat.* Working in batches, add steak to the grill pan in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until charred and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Rep with the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and steak.
Serve immediately, if desired garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
If you don’t have a cast iron grill pan, a large cast iron skillet will suffice.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 232kcal
- Sodium: 1157mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: Beef bulgogi recipe, easy bulgogi recipe, bulgogi beef, steak recipe, beef bulgogi