Have you ever made a delicious Dutch Oven Corned Beef? Try this incredible recipe for tender corned beef and cabbage that melts in your mouth! It’s ideal for St. Patrick’s Day or any other day in between!
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 lb. corned beef brisket (flat or point cut)
- spice packet (comes with brisket)
- 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 2 (12 oz) bottles of dark beer
- water or beef stock (as needed)
- 4 large carrots, cut in wedges
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the onion wedges in the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Rinse and pat the brisket dry.
- Place the corned beef brisket on top of the onions.
- Season the brisket with spices and steak seasoning to taste.
- Fill the dutch oven halfway with dark beer and beef stock (or water). Check that the liquid level reaches the top of the meat. Cover with the lid.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. 1 hour in the oven
- Reduce the heat to 300°F. 2 hours in the oven
- Flip the brisket over. Toss in the carrots and potatoes. Season with steak seasoning or salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 hour.
- Put the cabbage in the pot. Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a large baking dish and top with spicy mustard. For the best results, cut the meat across the grain.
To make a tender brisket, slice the meat across the grain. Examine the direction of the grain and cut across it.
Serve corned beef and cabbage in individual bowls with potatoes and carrots and a side of spicy mustard. It’s a tasty one-pot meal!
If necessary, this recipe can be made without the beer. Instead of chicken broth, use beef or vegetable broth.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 458kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1891mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
Keywords: Corned beef and cabbage, dutch oven corned beef recipe, dutch oven corned beef, beef recipe, corned beef and cabbage