If you enjoy beef jerky, you’ll enjoy these air fryer beef chips! These beef chips are similar to beef jerky but much crispier and easier to make.
They’re ideal for a quick protein snack on the go and keep well at room temperature. My entire family adores beef jerky!
We love it so much that we purchased a dehydrator and began making large batches at home because we were devouring them so quickly.
Not to mention the rearranging of trays and the flipping of beef jerky. There had to be a better way, I thought.
When I finally bought an air fryer after many recommendations, I knew one of the first things I wanted to try was to make beef jerky!
But, more importantly, I wanted to make a quick and easy beef jerky recipe that didn’t require overnight marinating and a full day of dehydrating.
So, after much experimentation, I finally came up with an easy recipe that is similar to beef jerky but crispier, which we call air fryer beef chips!
- The Best Olive Oil Sprayer for Cooking
- Best Burger Press Machine Read Here
- Best Juice For Carrot Keto
WHAT KIND OF BEEF CUT ARE BEST TO MAKE AIR FRYER BEEF CHIPS?
We recommend thinly sliced beef that is about 1/8 inch thick. The thinner you make it, the crispier it will become.
Also, to get it crispy, stick with lean cuts like sirloin or round. You can usually find these at an Asian supermarket labeled for shabu-shabu or ask your local store to slice them for you.
WHY AIR FRY TO MAKE BEEF CHIPS?
Air frying is much easier and faster than dehydrating. Typically, it takes a full day to extract all of the liquid from beef jerky or beef chips.
It only takes about an hour with an air fryer. You also don’t have to rotate trays or flip them, so it’s set and forget!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEEF JERKY AND AIR FRIED BEEF CHIPS?
Beef jerky is made from thickly sliced beef that has been marinated for at least 12 hours before being dehydrated for another 8-12 hours.
The texture varies between soft and chewy and hard and dry. Beef chips, on the other hand, are made from thinly sliced beef that has been seasoned and air fried until crispy like a chip!
HOW TO PLACE BEEF SLICES INTO THE AIR FRYER TO MAKE BEEF CHIPS?
It is critical to layer the beef slices on the air fryer tray in a single layer. Because they will shrink, you can pack them tightly together as long as they are not overlapping.
The best part is that these beef chips are low carb keto and high in protein! Makes a great meal-planning snack that you can enjoy the next time you go hiking, on a road trip, or while watching TV!
- Sour cream serves as the foundation. You can use either regular or low fat milk.
- The deli roast beef is folded in. It should be thinly sliced before being chopped into small pieces suitable for scooping.
- The dip is flavored with finely diced yellow onion, dried dill, and poppy seeds. If you prefer, you can substitute fresh dill.
- For dipping, you’ll need beef chips. For this, I love using jalapeno flavored chips (I used Miss Vickie’s brand). The creamy dip complements the chips and provides a nice cooling effect.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF CHIP DIP
Begin by chopping the thinly sliced roast beef into small pieces and the onion finely. Stir together all of the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Allow the dip to chill for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld. Then transfer it to a serving dish and top with potato chips.
MAKE IT AHEAD
This dip is best served after it has been refrigerated for at least one hour. As a result, you can make this recipe up to 1–2 days ahead of time. Just before serving, give it a good stir.
The sour cream separates and the dip becomes extremely runny when frozen. So eat it as soon as possible after making it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is beef chip dip gluten-free?
There are no gluten-containing ingredients in this recipe. However, always read the label on any store-bought items, such as roast beef, to be sure!
Can I make beef chip dip dairy-free?
To make this recipe dairy-free, replace the regular sour cream with dairy-free sour cream. Dairy-free sour creams are available from Kite Hill, Tofutti, and Good Karma.
Can I use beef dripping in Airfryer?
Yes, you can use beef dripping, but it works best if you melt it first rather than adding it as a block. Thanks. My Actifry has exceeded my expectations. No more blanching potatoes before tossing roast potatoes in the oven.
Can you make beef crackling?
Cracklings are typically made from pork, goose, and chicken, but they can also be made from other poultry as well as beef, mutton, and lamb.
Can you use shaved beef for beef jerky?
Rather than a strict recipe, this is a loose guide to making jerky at home. Buy a pound or two of thinly sliced beef or shaved beef. Preheat the oven to 155° F and keep the jerky in there until it reaches the desired dryness. This is an alternative method for hanging and drying meat.
Crispy Air Fryer Beef Chips Recipe [With Beef Dip]
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 6 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
If you enjoy beef jerky, you’ll enjoy these air fryer beef chips! These beef chips are similar to beef jerky but much crispier and easier to make. They’re ideal for a quick protein snack on the go and keep well at room temperature.
- 1/2 lb Thinly Sliced Beef we recommend leaner cuts like sirloin or round
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- To make the seasoning, combine salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spread the seasoning on both sides of the beef slices.
- Transfer the beef to the air fryer tray, single-stacked (it is critical that each slice is single-stacked or the beef will not crisp up) and air fry for 45-60 minutes at 200F. Allow beef slices to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Please keep in mind that the time will vary greatly depending on the thickness.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: Worldwide
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 290kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 367mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
Keywords: Beef chips recipe, air fryer beef chips, crispy beef chips, easy beef chips, beef recipe