Mahi-mahi with Thai coconut curry sauce is a simple fish recipe with Thai flavors. Every time, this sous vide Mahi-mahi recipe will be cooked to perfection. This dish is ideal for introducing Thai flavors to your family because it is not overpowering with heat.
- 4 4-ounce Mahi-mahi Filets
- 1 13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons scallions minced plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Rice
- Preheat the Souspreme to 140°F and prepare the sauce and seal the fish while it is heating up. To preheat, press the sous vide button on the Souspreme twice quickly until the temperature reaches 140.
- To set the cook time, use the -/+ buttons. Set the timer for 30-60 minutes. The beauty and convenience of sous vide cooking is that there is a grace period when it comes to cooking time.
- Whisk together the unsweetened coconut milk, lime juice, Thai red curry paste, sugar, minced fresh ginger, and fish sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and reduces by half. Approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and turn it off.
- Mix in the cilantro and green onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the Mahi-mahi filets in a vacuum sealer bag, leaving some space between them.
- 14 cup of the sauce should be added to the bag with the mahi filets. The remaining sauce can be reheated and served with the fish.
- Remove the air from the bag with a vacuum sealer and seal the bag before the sauce reaches the bag’s edge. If desired, double-seal the envelope.
- Place the sealed fish in the stainless steel bowl of the Souspreme Multi-pot once the Souspreme has reached temperature. Check that the bag is completely submerged in water.
- Close the Souspreme’s lid, lock it, and open the vent.
- Once the machine has reached temperature, the cooking time will begin.
- Remove the bag from the Souspreme and carefully cut open the bag, tipping out the fish and sauce onto a serving platter or individual plates at the end of the cook time.
- Serve the fish with the remaining sauce and hot rice. If desired, top with additional cilantro and scallions.
Grate the garlic, zest the lime, and grate the ginger with a microplane grater. This dish benefits from the fine texture.
Add an additional teaspoon of Thai red curry paste to the sauce to increase the heat.
Reduce the sauce even more for a thicker sauce. Although there will be less sauce, the flavors will be more concentrated.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 256kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
Keywords: Sous vide, sous vide mahi mahi, sous vide fish, sous vide mahi mahi recipe, mahi mahi recipe