This traditional churrasco recipe is accompanied by a flavorful chimichurri sauce. It’s quick and easy to make, and the flavor is incredible thanks to a quick marinade in Cuban mojo. Churrasco is an ideal dish for upcoming barbecues and summer cookouts.
- 1 ½ cup mojo criollo
- 2 lbs skirt steak, inner skirt preferred
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Chimichurri Sauce, to Serve
- Marinate the skirt steak in the mojo criollo marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours in a plastic zip top bag or large mixing bowl. This is an optional step, but it adds tenderness to the skirt steak.
- Remove the bag from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking to allow it to rest. Pat the skirt steak dry and season evenly with kosher salt and ground pepper before cooking.
- If you’re using a grill, make sure the charcoal is white and hot. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Use high heat in a grill pan on the stove. For medium-rare, sear the skirt steak for 3 minutes on each side.
- Allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes on a cutting board or plate covered with aluminum foil before cutting.
- Serve thinly sliced against the grain with chimichurri sauce on the side.
Flank steak, which is another long muscle that comes from the belly, is an excellent substitute for skirt steak. It’s lean and tough like skirt steak and cooks quickly to medium rare, making it an ideal cut for churrasco and other dishes like steak fajitas.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Steak
- Cuisine: Latin
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 347kcal
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Protein: 49g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
Keywords: Churrasco steak recipe, churrasco with chimichurri sauce recipe, steak recipe, churrasco recipe