Make this simply delicious roasted garlic butter beef tenderloin no matter what your holiday plans are.
This dish, seared to perfection in garlic butter and topped with a buttery cream sauce, will quickly become a part of your holiday traditions.
- Best Flatware Set For Everyday Use
- The Best Salt And Pepper Mill
- The Best Kitchen Scale Consumers Report
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Beef tenderloin — Not only is this the most tender beef roast available, but it also cooks quickly and is simple to carve!
- Garlic. Butter. — Garlic and butter, like bacon, can pretty much stand on their own as self-explanatory ingredients that elevate any dish, especially this roasted beef tenderloin!
- Cream Sauce — If you enjoy cream sauces, this one is incredibly simple to make with simple ingredients like butter, broth, and heavy cream. The best part is that you serve it on the side so that you and your guests can choose whether or not to pour it over the beef.
- Leftovers — If you’re hosting a smaller gathering this year, you’ll most likely have leftovers. The next day, use the leftover beef tenderloin to make a delicious meal. You can use the leftover beef in sandwiches, layer it on top of salad greens, toss it with egg noodles and the remaining cream sauce, or eat it cold straight from the fridge. If you’re on a tight budget this season, leftovers are also a great way to stretch one meal into multiple meals.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BUTTER BEEF?
- Place the beef roast in the slow cooker or crock pot. I’ve previously frozen the roast. Cover the roast with the seasoning mix, banana peppers with reserved juice, and the stick of butter.
- Simply add 1/4 cup of the pepper juice. Cover the pan and leave the butter beef roast to cook.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. When the beef is done, shred it with two large forks or use a knife to separate it.
- If you’re following a keto diet, you can serve this over potatoes or mashed cauliflower. My family even eats it on buns as if it were an Italian beef sandwich.
ROASTING TEMPERATURES FOR BEEF
I strongly advise you to purchase a meat thermometer before preparing your Christmas dinner.
Remove your roast from the oven about 5-7 minutes before it’s done and set it aside to rest under tented foil.
As it rests, your roast will continue to “carry over cooking,” which means the temperature will rise slightly and it will become more well done.
- MEDIUM RARE – an internal temperature of 135 degrees is required for a medium roast.
- MEDIUM – An internal temperature of 145 degrees is required for a medium roast.
- WELL DONE – an internal temperature of 160 degrees is required for a medium roast.
WHAT IS THE BEEF AND BUTTER CHALLENGE?
The Beef and Butter Fast challenge was created to assist you in breaking through a weight loss plateau on the Ketogenic Diet.
When you stick to this plan, it’s very difficult to overeat. The fat you consume will make you feel extremely full!
WHAT IS THE BUTTER AND BEEF FAST?
This has been observed when people adhere to the keto diet. Some have done it because it is high in fat, moderate in protein, and extremely low in carbohydrates.
They eat nothing but ground beef, butter, and butter coffee for four days.
I am not a fan of extreme dieting methods in general and would not recommend this. If you’re curious about the concept, it is “a thing.”
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT:
Refrigerate tightly wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap for up to 4 days.
Reheat in a skillet with butter or olive oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once to heat through on both sides.
CAN YOU OVERCOOK MEAT IN A PRESSURE COOKER?
Unfortunately, once a piece of meat has been overcooked in the pressure cooker, there is no turning back. Pressure cooking times for the same piece of beef can vary depending on how it is sliced.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STEAK TENDER?
This is easily accomplished by cutting it into thin strips as directed. Here are a few more options:
- Using a meat mallet, physically tenderize the meat.
- For extremely tender beef, pound it out before slicing it.
- Make a marinade.
- Allow the meat to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Cook it with a natural release in a pressure cooker.
- It should not be overcooked.
- Allow time for your meat to rest.
- When you’re ready to eat, cut against the grain.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT BEEF ROAST
- Season to taste. When it comes to roasts, you can’t go too heavy on the salt and pepper. This roast is incredibly flavorful thanks to the garlic herb butter.
- Allow your meat to rest! Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking and after roasting for the most tender and juicy, evenly cooked roast.
- Make use of a thermometer. Without one, there is no way to tell if your meat has reached the proper temperature!
- Cut against the grain. When carving the roast, make sure to cut across the grain. The meat becomes even more tender to chew as a result of this.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does butter do to beef?
Adding butter to steak adds richness and can soften the charred exterior, making it more tender. A good Steak Butter, on the other hand, should enhance rather than mask the flavor of the steak.
Can you cook beef in butter?
As you can see, butter has a significantly lower smoke point than oil. As a result, if you heat a pan hot enough to sear your steak, putting a dollop of butter in first increases the likelihood of it burning. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the delectable flavors of butter with your steak.
What cut of meat is butter steak?
Tenderloin steaks are the most tender of all beef cuts, with a delicate, butter-like texture and a thick cut. Tenderloin steaks are also known as filets or filet mignon and are so tender that they can be “cut with a butter knife.”
What are butter meats?
Durlewanger recommends lining a slow cooker with a plastic liner and adding a half stick of butter to make butter meats. Add the other half of the stick after you’ve added whatever type of meat you’re craving. Season the meat, then set it and forget it.