You’ll be surprised at how tasty this sandwich is made with a simple can of corned beef!
- 2 Ciabatta Rolls, halved
- 6 thick slices of Canned Corned Beef (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Onions (see notes)
- 6–8 slices of Tomato
- 2 slices of Swiss Cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tbsp Horseradish Mayo (see notes)
- 1 handful Rocket/Arugula
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Place the ciabatta halves on a baking sheet. Add a slice of cheese to two of them, then brush the other two with oil lightly. Broil until the cheese melts and the bread crisps under the grill.
- Stack the cheesy slice with caramelized onions, then corned beef, rocket/arugula, and tomato slices on top. Spread horseradish mayo on the oiled slice, then fold over and serve!
When I buy a regular 12oz/340g can of corned beef, I cut it into 8 equal slices and use 6 of them. That gives you the perfect thickness, in my opinion. You can, however, cut it into 6 pieces or use all 8 slices.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: Western
- Serving Size: 2 serving
- Calories: 471kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1139mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: Corn beef sandwich, canned corn beef sandwich, beef recipe, corn beef sandwich recipe