Who would have guessed that peanuts could be a tasty accompaniment to beef? This dish is a variation on Oxtail Kare-Kare, with beef chunks complemented by various vegetables and, of course, peanuts.
- 1 kg Beef meat boiled for 1 hour and cut into 3 inches in length and 2 inches wide
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed into pieces
- 1 pc Red onion big and cut into small cubes
- 1 pc Banana flower bud cut into 1-inch rounds
- 6 pcs String beans cut into 3 inches long each pc
- 2 pcs Eggplant cut into thin rounds
- 2 tbsp Annatto seeds soaked in water
- 1/4 kg Native Bok choy (pechay)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter unsalted
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 4 cups Beef broth
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the garlic until golden brown. Add the onion and saute until softened.
- Now add the boiled beef meat to the pan, along with 4 cups of beef broth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the annatto mixture after 5 minutes (add the liquid only). Stir until it comes to a boil.
- Boil for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- After 30 minutes, add the coconut milk while continuously stirring the mixture. 5 minutes at a boil
- Add string beans and a banana flower bud after 5 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the eggplant and native bok choy after 5 minutes. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl after 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a dollop of shrimp paste!
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Beef
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 785kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 2320mg
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 80g
- Cholesterol: 333mg
Keywords: Kare-kare recipe, beef kare-kare recipe, beef recipe, easy beef kare-kare recipe