This is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it tastes great cold or at room temperature.
- 1 1/2 c. glutinous sweet rice
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 c. water
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and cubed
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse rice through a fine mesh strainer. In a medium pot, combine rice, 1 cup coconut milk, and water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then turn it down to a low setting. Simmer, covered with a slightly ajar lid, for 9 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a boil in another medium pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture bubbles vigorously and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- 12 cup warm coconut mixture should be poured over rice and gently mixed together. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the coconut milk has been absorbed and the rice has cooled to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, arrange rice on a serving dish and top with mango. Pour the remaining sauce over the rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 817kcal
- Sugar: 76g
- Sodium: 458mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 144g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Rice recipe, ways to cook rice, rice dish, sticky rice recipe